Fri23Jun2017Sun25Jun20177:30 AMThe Grand Oaks Resort, 3000 Marion County Road, Weirsdale FL
Summertime Under the Grand Oaks- BATTLE OF THE BARNS!!!
Announcing the first annual "Battle of the Barns" summertime multi-day show with competition and fun activities for all riders...
FULL PRIZE LIST: 2017BattleoftheBarnsGrandOaksREVISED (3)
CLASS SPECIFICATIONS: 2017HuntCountryClassSpecs
HARD COPY ENTRY FORM: (if under 18 have parents sign and bring to show so the office can give you a number to school: BOBEntryForm2017
SPONSOR SIGN UP SHEET TO GET MORE BATTLE POINTS: 2017HuntCountryProgram-JuLY2017
LIST OF HOTELS IN LOCAL AREA WITH CONTACT NUMBERS AND ADDRESSES: Preferred Hotels at Grand Oaks
please note that the hard copy entry blank is ALSO contained within the prize list!!!
On your entry form you'll be asked to state what farm/barn or trainer you're affiliated with. All your points will be tabulated throughout the show days and nights no matter what the activity (and everything counts!!) and added to your team's roster. At the end of the show, the top 5 rider's points from each barn (each rider may ride more than one horse or pony throughout the show) will be reported and $ and prizes awarded to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place barns with the most points from their top 5 riders. The final final placings will be released on Monday after the show and announced in a photo ad campaign on Facebook as well as Instagram and on this website.
SO.... you don't have to be a barn with a bazillion riders - just five really good ones !!!
You can earn extra points and $$$ for your barn by getting sponsorships for prizes for the show!!!!!
No jackets or show attire for this show...Boots, breeches req'd.
In addition to cash and prizes, THE TOP TRAINER'S BARN WITH THE MOST POINTS WIN TWO FREE CRUISE TICKETS!!!!
THE RUNNER UP BARN RECEIVES A FREE NON SHOW WEEKEND GRAND OAKS GARDEN COTTAGE RENTAL PLUS USE OF SIX GARDEN STALLS AND THE ARENAS!!!
SCHOOLING STARTS ON THURSDAY!!! THREE DAYS OF SUMMERTIME HORSE SHOWING...
PROFESSIONALS.... this is a great opportunity to give your young horses some schooling mileage over Wellington quality fences on Thursday...you must be registered in the show office to enter an arena but all will be available on Thursday starting at 10 a.m. to 7 pm.
- Thursday evening pizza party, team introduction, banner competition, Kareoke competition in The Bistro Courtyard
- All points count for year end award
- Hawaiian Hunter Pairs
- SAFARI Scavenger Hunt throughout the Grand Oaks
- Mounted games
- Best Decorated Team Canine Parade Friday evening
- Pool is open for Grand Oaks riders staying in GO accommodations!!
- All divisions will be offered and points count for year end
- "Nations Cup"format Jumper competition with Team Qualifiers and Friday night classes
- Jumper competition throughout the show
- Tables available ringside in the covered arena for only $50 for entire show. Tables can also be added in the Jumper and Novice arenas.-Sign up now to ensure your spot. Tables can seat 6-10.
- "Team Spirit" points to the barn with the most "Team Spirit" displayed throughout the show
- Keep an eye on the website - more activities may be added as we get volunteer sponsors (who earn "Battle Points" for their barn team!!!
Whatever trainer/barn brings in the most sponsors and prizes for the exhibitors wins $$$$$$ in addition to points for their barn!! Sponsorship Sign up sheets are in the class schedule/prize list and in this post up above..
This competition calendar is updated on a regular basis and we encourage you to check back often !!
IF YOU DON’T FIND WHAT YOU EXPECT, REFRESH/RELOAD THIS PAGE
2017 SHOW DATES: